- Products by Brand
- Products by Categories
Products by Brand
Products by Category
- About Us
- Contact Us
- My account
Polifilm 10 Solvent Based Gap Filler For Wood
- Fill up gaps up to 0.5 cm with the new Polifilm 10 Solvent Based Gap Filler For Wood
- A quick drying professional solvent based gap filler compatible with all wooden floors
- Superior coverage area guaranteed, outstanding flexibility, low fumes, very affordable
- The product has to be mixed up with the wood dust generated from the floor sanding
- The gap filler can be stained, oiled, waxed and lacquered with any type of floor sealer
- Coverage area can vary from floor to floor and it vastly depends on the gap sizes
- Estimated drying time is anywhere between 30 min to 2 hours | It can vary dramatically
- The gap filler will look darker while wet but as it dries it will look much lighter | brighter
- This product is highly recommended for professional use
- Hand protection, masks and all the necessary protection gear should be used
- This product was designed for indoor use but it can also be used for outdoor projects
- Much better quality than similar solvent based gap fillers already available online
Polifilm 10 Solvent Based Gap Filler For Wood | Why Use It
If you are looking for a product to fill up larger than average gaps, if you are looking for a quick drying solvent based gap filler and if you are looking for a highly flexible and highly cost effective solvent gap filler, then the new Polifilm 10 Solvent Based Gap Filler For Wood is the ideal product. While this product is highly appreciated by the professional floor sanding and floor refinishing industry, it can also be used by DIY users assuming that they respect all the recommendations. A money making product for professionals.
Polifilm 10 Solvent Based Gap Filler For Wood | Where To Use It
While some people love the gaps between their floorboards, others hate it. There are a number of issues associated with large gaps. Dirt deposits | when the dirt falls between the floorboards, it will end up below your floor boards and is nearly impossible to extract. Draught | Old houses with large gaps will have draught through the floor gaps. By sealing the gaps you will stop the draught and you will make your floors much more energy efficient. Leaks | Spilling any liquid on wooden floors with open gaps will cause a lot of damage on the lower level ceiling. While some people just don’t like the look of the gaps between the floorboards.
The new Polifilm 10 Solvent Based Gap Filler For Wood can be used to fill up all types of floorboard gaps up to 0.5 cm. It can be applied over vertical and horizontal surfaces. Suitable mostly for indoor use. It can also be used to fill up gaps between wood furniture, staircases, etc.
Polifilm 10 Solvent Based Gap Filler For Wood | How To Use It
The floor has to be fully sanded or new. Any type of pre-existing finish will prevent the gap filler from attaching to the wood. For the gap filler to fully dry, it has to be able to penetrate the wood fiber.
Step 1: Prepare the surface. Old floors will require sanding to remove pre-existing sealers while the new surfaces will require sanding to generate the wood dust
Step 2: In a bucket mix up the solvent gap filler with the wood dust until you have created a thick cream like composition
Step 3: Using a small plastering trowel or a large scraper, start applying the composition to the gaps. Push it in nicely to make sure that the gap is filled up fully. Overfill the gaps by 10% +-
Step 4: Allow 1-2 hours to dry and then proceed to re-sand the whole floor with 80 grit sandpaper
Step 5: If any areas are lower than the floor itself or the rest of the gaps, mix up a bit more gap filler and touch up the area
Step 6: You are ready to stain, prime, wax or lacquer the surface. The gap filler will absorb all of the above just like the wood itself
Polifilm 10 Solvent Based Gap Filler For Wood | Coverage Area
Estimated coverage area is somewhere between 5 to 10 sq meter per 1L but it can vastly increase or decrease with the size of the gaps. While filling up small gaps on a parquet floor for example, you are likely to be able to cover a huge area while filling up large gaps on a pine floor you are likely to cover a much smaller area. But the average estimated area is around 5 sq meters per 1L.
Polifilm 10 Solvent Based Gap Filler For Wood | Safety
Bear in mind that you are dealing with a solvent based professional gap filler. Do not use a naked flame around it, do not work in narrow spaces without ventilation and do not mix up the product with any water based or other solvent based products. Wear protective equipment while handling these products. Do not touch any other surfaces while using the gap filler.