How The LIOS Talita Plus Is A Quick Fix For Dull Floors
There’s nothing quite like the natural beauty and warm feel beneath your feet that comes with wood floors. From our homes to commercial spaces, they are some of the most sought after installations. Yet, as much as they elevate the ambience, they do require a bit of love and care. In both residential and commercial settings, the allure of wooden floors often faces the test of time, foot traffic, and inevitable spills. Just like a classic piece of furniture or a timeless outfit, the key to keeping them looking their best lies in the right maintenance. And you can do that with LIOS Talita Plus. Here, we will cover exactly what you can expect from this formulation, and what makes it tick.
LIOS Talita Plus Review
At its core, LIOS Talita Plus is a premium fast-acting maintenance oil designed specifically for oiled wooden floors. We’ve all seen it — those once vibrant wooden surfaces that over time lose their sheen and become dull or matt. A single application can breathe life back into those tired-looking areas, giving them a makeover that not only refreshes but also protects.
It’s not been developed to be isn’t just a one-size-fits-all solution; it’s tailored to meet your specific needs. You can get the LIOS Talita Plus in these versions:
- STANDARD: The treatment with the maintenance attributes and fast-drying nature, that primary focuses on providing a swift, refreshing boost to your oiled wooden floors.
- COLORATO: In addition to the maintenance functionality, this version adds a touch of colour to the space, for those who desire the aesthetic effect. It comes in white, bringing a refined hue to your flooring. This version is available upon request.
Whether you’re after a quick refresh or a subtle colour enhancement, there’s a version of LIOS Talita Plus waiting to transform your space.
Using LIOS Talita Plus: Step-by-Step Guide
Wooden floors, while incredibly stunning, require precise care to maintain their lustre. And, here is how you can go about it using the LIOS Talita Plus:
- Clean with LIOS Kronos: Dirt and debris are your wooden floor’s worst enemies. Start off by giving your floor a good wash using LIOS Kronos. This step ensures that you’re not sealing in dirt and grime beneath your maintenance oil. It’s a bit like cleansing your face before applying moisturiser.
- Let the Floor Dry: It can’t be stressed enough how important it is to let the floor dry thoroughly after cleaning. Applying LIOS Talita Plus on a damp floor will affect the quality of the results.
- Shake It Up: Give your LIOS Talita Plus a good shake before use. This ensures all the ingredients are well-mixed for an even application.
- Apply with PANNO MAINTAIN Cloth: Using the PANNO MAINTAIN cloth, apply the oil uniformly. Always follow the grain of the wood. This is to ensure the product penetrates effectively.
Are there areas in your home that see a lot of footfall? Maybe the hallway or the area near the kitchen? These zones might require a tad bit more attention. Ensure an even finish here; you don’t want patchy floors after all your hard work.
Straight after you’ve applied the product, make sure to soak your used cloths, sponges, and pads in water. This is as the items can self-ignite if left unattended.
Maintenance and Reapplication
The journey doesn’t end after the initial application. To ensure your floor stays looking fresh and appealing, it will need the occasional touchup. For best results, reapply LIOS Talita Plus twice a year. This keeps your wooden floor looking its best, providing regular nourishment to combat everyday wear and tear.
Safety Measures and Personal Protection
Using LIOS Talita Plus is pretty straightforward, but we still need to take precautions. Just like you wouldn’t fry bacon without protecting yourself from oil splatters, you wouldn’t want to use this product without the right safety measures.
- Keeping Out of Children’s Reach: This might seem obvious, but it’s worth repeating. Store the product in a safe spot where curious little hands can’t get to it.
- Ventilation is Key: When you’re applying the product, ensure the room’s well-ventilated. Open up those windows and let the fresh air in. This isn’t just for safety; it’ll also help the oil dry faster.
- Wear the Right Gear: We’re not suggesting a full Hazmat suit, but a few basic items can go a long way:
- Respirator: Always wear an FFP2 filter half mask, as per EN 149 standards. It’ll ensure you’re not inhaling any product fumes.
- Safety Attire: Pop on a pair of safety glasses to protect those peepers. Additionally, chemically resistant gloves will keep your hands safe, and well, non-oily!
- Work Clothes: Opt for clothes you won’t mind getting a bit messy. Accidents happen!
With any floor treatment product, we should never forget the safety aspects associated with its use, to protect those applying making the application, and the rest of the persons in the premises.
Benefits of LIOS Talita Plus
- Power of Fast Drying Oils
Part of the beauty of treatments like LIOS Talita Plus, lies in their speed. Gone are the days when you’d apply an oil to your floor, then tip-toe around your house for days, waiting for it to dry. With this treatment, the process is dramatically cut short. It’s perfect for our busy lifestyles. Just think about it:
- No more relocating furniture for days on end.
- No more disrupting your daily routine massively.
- And, importantly, no more lengthy downtime for businesses who can’t afford to halt operations for floor maintenance.
Speedier drying times also mean reduced chances of the freshly oiled surface attracting dust or debris as it dries.
- Enhancing the Natural Beauty of the Wood
The aesthetic results are equally impressive. LIOS Talita Plus doesn’t just dry quickly; it breathes life into wooden floors. Here’s how:
- It captures and enhances the wood’s natural grain and beauty.
- It offers a rich, consistent finish that brightens up spaces.
- Over time, wood can lose its lustre and appear dull. The treatment rejuvenates and restores this lost beauty, giving your floors a much-deserved facelift.
So, while the quick drying nature is undeniably a massive perk, it’s the incredible finish and the enhancement of the wood’s innate beauty that genuinely makes the LIOS Talita Plus a plus for any wooden floor owner.
- The Power of Regeneration
Anyone with a wooden floor understands the heartache of watching it lose its sheen over time. You might’ve chosen your wooden floor for its warm tones or perhaps its rich grains. But, over time, it’s natural for these stunning features to become hidden beneath a layer of dullness. The causes can be many:
- Foot traffic eroding the finish.
- Spills and stains that haven’t been promptly addressed.
- Incorrect cleaning methods or harsh chemicals.
Regardless of the cause, the result is the same: a floor that looks tired and aged. It’s a bit like looking at a masterpiece painting covered in dust. The beauty is there, but it’s hidden. LIOS Talita Plus comes in to bring out this hidden beauty.
- Rejuvenation: As a refreshing and maintenance oil, LIOS Talita Plus is specifically designed to freshen up dull or matt surfaces. With just one application, you can see a marked difference.
- Deep Nourishment: The oil doesn’t just sit on the surface. It penetrates the wood, nourishing it deeply and ensuring the grains, textures, and tones are all enhanced.
- Consistency: One of the things you’d love about this product is the consistent finish it offers. No blotches, no patches, just a smooth, revitalised surface.
- Ease of Application: You don’t need to be a professional to apply it. Following the grain of the wood with the PANNO MAINTAIN cloth ensures a uniform application. Plus, its fast-drying nature means you won’t have to keep off the floor for long.
So, if you’re mourning the lost lustre of your wooden floor, it’s time to introduce it to the regenerative power of LIOS Talita Plus. Give your floor the makeover it deserves and watch as it transforms.
Additional Tips for Wooden Floor Care
- Regular Cleaning
The thing about wooden floors is they’re like sponges, albeit very hard ones. Dirt, dust, and grime can settle into the wood grain and can damage the surface over time. And as they say, prevention is always better than a cure. So, how do you ensure your wooden floors remain as beautiful as the day they were installed? Simple: through regular cleaning.
Cleaning is a crucial step in ensuring the longevity of your wooden floors. Consistently doing it removes particles that might scratch the wood, eliminates the need for frequent intensive treatments, and upholds the floor’s integrity.
Some best practices here include:
- Dry Mop First: The objective here is to lift and remove loose dirt, dust, pet hair, and other debris that settle on the floor surface. Choose the right tool. A microfiber mop or cloth is ideal. Its electrostatic properties attract dust and fine particles, ensuring a more thorough cleaning than regular mops. Direction matters. Always mop in the direction of the wood grain. This ensures you’re working with the floor’s natural lines, minimizing the potential for scratches or damage.
As you mop, frequently inspect and clean the mop head. If it gets too dirty, it can become counterproductive, spreading dirt around instead of picking it up.Divide your floor into sections. Clean one section at a time to ensure thorough cleaning and prevent missing spots. Depending on the foot traffic and the environment, decide on the frequency of dry mopping. In a house with pets or in areas prone to dust, daily dry mopping might be beneficial. Once you’ve dry mopped the entire area, you’re ready for deeper cleaning, if necessary.
- Avoid Excessive Water: Wood, a naturally porous material, has an innate ability to absorb moisture. When exposed to excessive water during cleaning, the fibers within the wood swell, leading to undesirable effects such as warping, buckling, or cupping. The expansion and contraction caused by repeated water absorption and subsequent drying can also compromise the structural integrity of the wood. Over time, these changes not only mar the aesthetic appeal of the wooden floor but can also result in significant repair costs. Moreover, standing water can seep through the seams and damage the wood’s finish, creating a conducive environment for mold and mildew growth, further jeopardizing the floor’s longevity and health.
Given the sensitivity of wood to moisture, it’s imperative to adopt cleaning methods that minimize water exposure. Enter damp mopping: a technique where the mop is only slightly wet, not saturated. Before mopping, excess water should be thoroughly wrung out, ensuring the mop is just damp to the touch. This allows for effective cleaning—lifting stains and grime—without the risk of water damage. Furthermore, after cleaning, it’s advisable to promptly dry any visible moisture using a soft, dry cloth. By respecting wood’s natural properties and cleaning it appropriately, homeowners can maintain the beauty and structural soundness of their wooden floors for many years to come. And for the cases where additional treatments like the LIOS Talita Plus will be applied once the floor has been cleaned, ensure that it has been allowed adequate drying time.
- Use Appropriate Cleaners: Not all floor cleaners are created equal. Wooden floors are sensitive to the chemical agents they come in contact with. Using unsuitable cleaning products, such as those containing ammonia, bleach, or other alkaline solutions, can be detrimental. These harsh chemicals can strip the wood of its natural oils, leading to drying, discoloration, and an unsightly appearance. Additionally, abrasive substances can scratch and damage the finish of the wood, making it more susceptible to moisture and further chemical damage. Over time, consistent use of such aggressive cleaners can significantly diminish the lifespan of the wood, eroding its protective layer and exposing the vulnerable wood underneath.
Another category of products to approach with caution when it comes to wooden floors is oil and wax-based cleaners. While they might impart a temporary shine and gloss, these can lead to a slippery surface, posing a safety hazard. Moreover, they can accumulate over time, causing a gummy buildup that attracts and retains dirt and dust. This not only makes the floor more challenging to clean in the long run but can also obscure the wood’s natural beauty. It’s essential to note that some modern wood floors come with a polyurethane, urethane, or other types of protective finishes. Using oil or wax on these finishes can interfere with subsequent refinishing processes, as new coats may not adhere properly to the buildup from these products, leading to patchiness and unevenness.
So, opt for those specifically designed for wooden floors. And hey, a touch-up with LIOS Talita Plus after the cleaning wouldn’t hurt either. In this case, first clean the floor with the LIOS Kronos.
- Don’t Scrub: Especially with rough or abrasive materials, this can cause unnecessary wear, leading to scratches, gouges, and even the removal of protective finishes. Such damage can expose the wood to moisture and other harmful elements, reducing its lifespan and compromising its aesthetics. Instead, a gentle wiping action, preferably with a soft, damp cloth or a specialized mop, ensures that dirt and grime are effectively removed without harming the floor. In the case of more tenacious spots or stains, it’s advisable to address them individually. Applying a spot treatment or using a soft cloth dampened with a suitable cleaning solution can help in lifting such marks without the need for aggressive scrubbing.
- Follow the Grain: When cleaning, always follow the direction of the wood grain for best results. The grain here refers to the alignment of the wood fibers and represents the natural pattern of the wood’s growth. Cleaning in the direction of this grain reduces the chances of trapping particles or cleaning solution in the tiny crevices between the wood fibers. Moreover, moving with the grain minimizes the risk of scratching or causing micro-abrasions on the surface, especially if any gritty particles are present. By following the grain, not only is cleaning more efficient in lifting dirt and grime, but it also preserves the wood’s natural beauty, ensures a smoother finish, and prolongs the life of the floor.
Wooden floors are an investment in style, class, and comfort. By adopting a regular cleaning routine, you’re not just upholding its beauty but also ensuring it stands the test of time.
- Protection Against Scratches And Dents
While the sheen, texture, and warmth of wood floors is renowned, their delicate nature means they’re prone to scratches and dents. We’ve all seen it – the remnants of furniture movement or the unfortunate impact of a dropped object. However, with a touch of precaution, you can easily keep those wooden floors looking pristine for longer.
- Invest in Quality Furniture Pads: Whether it’s a heavy oak cabinet or a lightweight chair, protective pads are essential. They are basically a ‘cushion’ between your hefty furniture and your delicate floor. The pads distribute the weight, prevent direct friction, and most importantly, protect against those unsightly marks. They come in various shapes and sizes, ensuring there’s something for every furniture type.
- Regularly Check & Replace Pads: Over time, pads wear down or get dirty. Regularly inspecting them ensures they remain effective.
- Lift, Don’t Drag: When moving furniture, it’s tempting to push or pull. But that’s often how scratches happen. Instead, always lift furniture off the ground, even if it’s just slightly.
- Mind Those Heels and Toys: High heels and children’s toys can be wooden floor’s nemesis. A simple solution? A no-shoe policy and ensuring toys with sharp edges have a designated play area.
- Use Rugs in High-Traffic Areas: Hallways or living rooms see a lot of footfalls. Using rugs can protect your floor from the wear and tear of everyday life.
Regularly check for scratches and dents. Snd when you find them, touch them up with a maintenance oil like LIOS Talita Plus.
- Climate Control
When it comes to wooden floors, humidity is a sneaky culprit. Wood, being an organic material, naturally reacts to changes in humidity and temperature. It’ll expand when it’s humid and contract when it’s dry. Over time, these fluctuations can cause your wooden floors to warp, crack, or even split.
- Maintain Consistent Humidity Levels: For wooden floors, the ideal humidity level is between 40% and 60%. Investing in a good quality hygrometer can help you keep an eye on this.
- Dehumidifiers & Humidifiers: On damp days, using a dehumidifier can prevent excess moisture. Conversely, during those dry winter months, a humidifier can ensure the air doesn’t get too dry.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: This might sound odd, but prolonged direct sunlight can actually cause your wooden floors to fade and dry out. Using blinds or curtains can help mitigate this.
- Ventilation Matters: Regularly air out your rooms. It keeps moisture levels in check and ensures a fresh airflow.
While products like LIOS Talita Plus work wonders in maintaining the lustre of your wooden floors, controlling the environment plays a pivotal role in their longevity. Consistent climate control not only preserves the beauty and structure of your wooden floors but also ensures they remain a source of pride for years to come.
- Immediate Action on Spills
Spills and accidents are a part of life, especially in busy households. But when it comes to wooden floors, time truly is of the essence. Letting that red wine or tea sit for even a few minutes too long can mean the difference between a quick wipe-up and a stubborn stain.
- Act Fast: The moment you notice a spill, get to it. Don’t let it sit.
- Blot, Don’t Rub: Use a soft cloth to blot the spill. Rubbing can push the liquid deeper into the wood.
- Water First: Start by wiping with a damp cloth. For stubborn spills, a mild solution of water and soap can do wonders.
- Dry It Out: After cleaning, make sure to dry the area thoroughly. Lingering moisture can damage the wood.
- Know Your Spill: For things like ink or wine, consider specialized cleaners or a mix of baking soda and water.
And remember, while products like LIOS Talita Plus can help protect and rejuvenate your wooden floors, ensuring you take immediate action on spills will keep them looking their best for years to come. It’s a small effort with significant returns!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about LIOS Talita Plus
Choosing the right product for wooden floor care can be a bit overwhelming, especially when presented with multiple options. Below, we’ve addressed some of the most common queries and misconceptions about LIOS Talita Plus to ensure you’re informed and confident in your floor care decisions.
Q. What exactly is LIOS Talita Plus?
LIOS Talita Plus is a fast-drying regenerating oil specially formulated for oiled wooden floors. It’s ideal for refreshing surfaces that have become dull or matte over time.
Q. How often should I apply it?
For the best results, it’s advisable to apply LIOS Talita Plus twice a year. If you’re a DIY enthusiast, consider using it for extraordinary maintenance once annually.
Q. Are there any special precautions I should be aware of?
Yes. After application, ensure that any cloths, sponges, or pads you’ve used are immediately soaked in water to prevent the risk of self-ignition. Always ensure adequate ventilation when using the product.
Q. I’ve noticed my wooden floor has a sticky residue post-application. What could be the reason?
This can occur if there’s an excess of the product left on the surface. It’s crucial to apply uniformly and ensure no extra product remains on the floor.
Q. Can LIOS Talita Plus be used on any wooden floor?
It’s specifically designed for oiled wooden floors. If you’re uncertain about your floor type, consult with a specialist before application.
Q. Does the product come in various colours or shades?
Yes! Apart from the standard variant, there’s the COLORATO version, available in white – simply request for it.
Q. Is there a specific cloth for application?
Yes, for the best results, use the PANNO MAINTAIN cloth for application.
Q. What if I use too much product?
Avoid leaving any excess on the surface as it can lead to local stickiness. If you’ve applied too much, polishing with a soft cloth or a disk monobrush fitted with white felt can help.
Q. Can I mix it with other products or thinners?
It’s recommended to thin, if necessary, with LIOS SOLV. Mixing with other products may not provide the desired results and could harm your floor.
LIOS Solv is a versatile thinner specially designed for the LIOS range of products as well as other synthetic-based products. This colourless liquid boasts a specific weight of 0.76 kg/l, and when stored in its original sealed containers at temperatures between +10°C and +25°C, it remains stable for up to a year. Available in various packaging options, including 1L, 5L, 10L, and 25L, this thinner is a handy addition to any workshop or crafting space.
If you’re working with products like LIOS Talita Plus, Natural Wax, Hard Wax Bioil series, or Sundeck Wood Oil, to name a few, it’s your go-to diluter. Not only does it expertly dilute oil and wax-based products, but it’s also great for cleaning tools. You can even use it to clean your tools after working with the Talita Plus. Just remember not to use it with water-based products
Q. Why is there an emphasis on cleaning the surface with LIOS Kronos before application?
- Smooth and Even Finish: Dirt, dust, and debris on the floor can interfere with the application of the LIOS Talita Plus. If you apply it over these particles, they can become trapped underneath, leading to an uneven and rough surface.
- Adhesion: Clean wood allows for better adhesion of the finish. Dirt or oils on the floor can prevent the treatment from sticking properly, potentially causing it to wear off unevenly over time.
- Appearance: Any stains or spots left on the floor can become more noticeable after the treatment is applied, as it can amplify their appearance. Cleaning ensures that the final result brings out the wood’s natural beauty, instead of making unsightly marks prominent.
LIOS Kronos is used to provide deep and intensive clean for wooden floors treated with natural oil. With its unique plant-based formula, this cleaner is designed to handle even the most stubborn dirt, ensuring that wooden floors maintain their natural sheen and longevity. When used on a regular basis, it not only keeps the floors clean but also preserves their innate beauty. Its convenient packaging sizes of 1L, 5L, and 25L ensure that whether you have a small apartment or a sprawling mansion, there’s a size tailored for your needs.
Using LIOS Kronos is a breeze. For the 1L packaging, just dilute three capfuls in a liter of water. If you’re using the larger 5L or 25L packs, mix 500ml of the product with 5L of water, ensuring a 10% concentration. Cleaning is as simple as washing the floor with a well-wrung cloth, with a recommended cleaning frequency of every 30 to 60 days. But that’s not all! After cleaning, it’s advisable to apply products like LIOS Soft Balm or LIOS Soft Balm Aloe for that added layer of protection and care. For floors showing signs of wear, LIOS Talita Plus refreshing oil can come to the rescue, and if your floor feels unusually dry, LIOS Talita Plus regenerating maintenance oil can rejuvenate it.
What’s particularly commendable about LIOS Kronos is its eco-friendly profile. It’s 90% biodegradable, making it not just great for your floors, but also for our planet. Plus, with impressive coverage rates, such as 30 m²/L with just 3 caps diluted in 1L of water, or 200 m²/L for 1L of the product diluted as directed, it ensures that a little goes a long way.
Q. How does LIOS Talita Plus compare with other wooden floor care products?
LIOS Talita Plus stands out due to its fast-drying nature and its ability to rejuvenate dull or matte wooden floors. It’s formulated with a keen understanding of wood’s natural properties, ensuring both protection and enhancement of your floors.